Thursday, April 30, 2009

PBJ in LHR missing SEA

Lately in London the weather has been brilliant. Although some bits of yesterday and most definitely today, this is not so much the case. In the spring when the grey clouds roll in and small rain drops are shed from the sky it reminds me of Seattle. This is not your pouring rain in desperate cry for an umbrella, but rather one where the mist drains out the noise of the city and returns you a bit to nature. As a result of this slight shift in weather, I am...homesick. I know that its not a worldwide pandemic, but to a person who is generally cheerful and skipping down the sidewalks - this means something is up.

In turn, I rely on a culinary masterpiece, known as the PBJ or to those estranged to its tastiness, Peanut Butter and Jelly. Peanut butter has never really caught on here quite like in the States, but I let it slide. I can still get my organic freshly buttered, peanut butter from Whole Foods. But the idea of putting these two together somehow repulses those who dare put mayonnaise on every sandwich out there.

The secret to the PBJ is simple, ratio of Peanut Butter to Jelly and quality of bread. The perfect ratio is an individual preference, but I'm a sucker for the mouth sticking syndrome and prefer a higher Peanut Butter quotient. The bread well, is often easier said then done. Go for whole grain and toasted, and you'll be in for a good time. Well now that sounded frisky, or do I mean Jiffy (sorry bad peanut butter joke). I guess that means its time to go skipping on the sidewalk, oops I mean footway.

No comments:

Post a Comment