Sunday, June 7, 2009

I went to jail last weekend



I swear I'm innocent. Its not what you think.

It is exactly that, not what you think. When we journeyed to Finland last weekend we stayed in the white-collar heaven of a prison in Helsinki. Sure enough, it would work as a business hotel but for our purposes it provided a basis to witness Johanna (Jussi's sister) get out a prison, I mean graduate from high school.


The weather in Helsinki was brilliant, sunny, perfection. I only hope we are as lucky in July. The esplanade was in its full glory, the water resting beneath the sun, and well lots of wine, food and good people around. And lots of motivation to learn more Finnish as always.


As a tribute to Johanna for her accomplishment, I present peanut butter brownies (Smitten Kitchen style). As Johanna, like myself, is a big fan of peanut butter, chocolate and well a big glass of milk to go with. Although I can't say that these made it to Finland, they also didn't really make the final picture (eaten up too soon) and for this we must go to prison (only the Helsinki one of course). Maybe one day I will have the patience to wait and snap a photo of the final product, until then you'll be left to imagine the greatness. (http://smittenkitchen.com/2007/10/peanut-butter-brownies/)



No comments:

Post a Comment